Which city has the youngest and fast growing population, after London?
by on 22nd November 2017
At Hogan’s, Hogan’s Online Plus and Hogan’s Fast Sale, you’re probably well aware that we cover the whole of West Yorkshire from our two bases.
That is a mammoth area, which Adam Parkin and the team stoically cover.
We’ve recently sold properties not just in Leeds, which is our dominant sales and lettings area, but in Castleford and Wakefield and Bradford, which we look at, in this, our latest blog post.
Bradford sits relatively close to Leeds – a brisk walk would get you from one city to the other in 3 hours, though it’s hardly Pennine Way territory, given that most of the route is along busy roads, but you get the idea: as cities we’re geographically close to each other.
We are in fact just 10 miles apart.
Bradford though is generally much more affordable than Leeds in property terms.
Now we know broad average figures only tell part of a story – there are parts of Bradford with prices to match parts of Leeds so we are generalising based on Land Registry figures.
So here goes:
Given that just 10 miles separate these two cities, the price differences are stark, don’t you agree?
Yet Bradford has many things going for it, which we reckon make it a good property investment or buying hotspot.
Here’s just 5 reasons why Bradford is going places:
- Rental yields. Bradford is a buy to let dream with many properties producing yields of 9% when let. Coupled with lower property prices, you can see why investors want to know more about the city.
- That population. You didn’t misread the opening – Bradford really does have the fastest growing population of people under 30 outside London. Rental demand will increase annually.
- Transport links. Bradford is served by three motorways, a great train service and an airport!
- Green scenes. Half of Bradford is green belt – yes you read that right – you have Saltaire and Bronte country on your doorstep.
- Beautiful beer. Not just Timothy Taylor’s either, as Bradford is carving out a name for itself for craft beers – you can enjoy a pint knowing you’ve invested wisely in this city.
Finally if you want a final reason – look at this.
Have you seen a finer bookshop setting ever?
If you need any advice on property related matters in anywhere across West Yorkshire, contact us today on 0113 235 1025